Tuesday 23 February 2016

The joy of Art in a Tin

I have been making and teaching Altered Tins for a few years and each time I do a workshop I'm so delighted by the work that is done by my learners.

Artwork in tins is a modern take on the little pocket Shrines of Ancient times.
These were the precious pieces that were used to store mementos and relics and were passed down through the generations to be treasured and adored.

In a nod to that tradition the tins become a hiding place for a treasure which has been worked by the artists hand. Precious slow stitches, a piece of a memory hidden within, a feeling from the artist's heart!

In April when I exhibit my work in France at Pour L'Amour du Fil I will be launching a small range of kits of tins with the inks to decorate them, vintage papers to decorate the inside of the tin and the beautiful textiles to embroider the artwork within.




The Heart kit will have a heart shaped tin and a very beautiful piece of Silk Brocade to embroider upon. It will come with the inks and applicators, beads, flowers and threads to decorate with.




The Circle Kit will come with the round tin and a piece of handmade silk and merino felt, the inks and applicators and a metal flower and leaf to decorate. It will also have threads and beads to decorate with.



It would be lovely to see you there or at another workshop soon. Pour L'Amour du Fil



3 comments:

  1. So pleased for you Paula - You'll love running a workshop in the Loire Valley - wish I could join you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jill. I'd love it if you were there x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jill. I'd love it if you were there x

    ReplyDelete